atomofficials is on both Facebook and Twitter... Click on the link(s) below:
Welcome to the A.T.O.M. Officials.com Web Site. This site was established on Tuesday, December 6, 2005. Please visit often to view the progress of it's development and for updated information.
An ATOM Membership Invoice Application is available at the top of the "ATOM Newsletter" page in PDF format and is printable for anyone interested in becoming a member.
Most Recent Update: Monday, May 20, 2013...
The 2013 MHSAA Online Rules Meeting for Cross Country will be available from Monday, August 12, 2013 (posted by the end of regular business hours) until Thursday, September 19, 2013. This reminder posted on this page on May 20, 2013. As published in the MHSAA "Benchmarks", Spring 2013 edition on page 41.
The National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) will be having their annual convention in Grand Rapids, Michigan beginning Saturday, July 27, 2013. On this date, Michigan will be hosting a day for officials of the state to see and hear nationally known speakers from a variety of different sports and then to attend breakout sessions of interest. Mark Uyl (MHSAA) and ATOM are currently working on a Track and Field and Cross Country breakout session. The ATOM Executive Board is supporting this conference and the Michigan Day event and would encourage as many Track and Cross Country officials to attend as possible.
More detailed information will be provided on this website as it becomes available. Please mark your calendar for Saturday, July, 27, 2013.
(Posted November 25, 2012)
Click on the link below...
2013 Officiate Michigan Day Schedule - Posted on 3/26/13
1. MHSAA On Line Rules Meeting reminder for Cross Country has been posted near the top of this page.
2. Posting of a link on the "ATOM Newsletter" page for portions of the March 15, 2013 Newsletter...Pre-Season Track and Field Issue.
3. Posting of the link above of the 2013 Officiate Michigan Day Schedule, Workshops, Speakers & Clinicians and Sport Session Speakers & Clinicians.
4. Posting of the newly revised and updated ATOM Constitution and By-Laws can be found on the "ATOM Constitution & By-Laws" page.
5. 2013 ATOM Clinic PowerPoint Presentations and FAT (Fully Automatic Timing) notes are posted on the "Clinic Notes" page.
6. Executive Board Minutes for March 10, 2013 on the "Minutes" page.
7. "The 23 Most Powerful Lessons of Officiating" can be found at the top of the "XC and Track and Field News " page. Obtained from the Fall 2012 MHSAA publication Benchmarks and posted with MHSAA approval.
8. New rules for Track and Field for 2013. Go to the link on the "XC and Track & Field News" page and located in the Track & Field section. Also added a 3 page Rationale for the 2013 Rule Changes. Due to website space filling up, several older Newsletters, older Clinic Information, older Track and Field News and older Executive Board Minutes have been deleted, basically 2008-2010. The March 15, 2012 and December 1, 2011 Newsletters have finally been posted. Executive Board Minutes for April 15 and June 4, 2012 have been posted.
9. ATOM now has a Facebook page. You will need to have or establish a Facebook account then log on to the following address: www.facebook.com/AtomOfficials Please join in as you have time and provide constructive comments or suggestions. Start up date of April 25, 2012.
And we also have a Twitter page at the following address: https://twitter.com/AtomOfficials
10. See "Rules Clarifications" page, Item 20, for "Cold Weather Clothing During Track and Field Competition."
11. MHSAA document for Regional and Final Section Set-Ups is available on the "XC and Track and Field News" page.
12. Posting of a handy pocket sized Field Event Rules reminders document can be found on the "XC and Track and Field News" page under the Track and Field News Section.
13. MHSAA determines ruling if athletes are wearing feather(s) in their hair during competition... See bottom of "Rule Clarifications" page (August 2011). Also, see the "XC and Track and Field News" page for a few suggestions for Officials to consider before the start of competition.
14. Pertaining to Jewelry Rule...September 12, 2010... "The ATOM Executive Board strongly suggests to all Cross Country Officials that prior to starting EVERY race that Preventive Officiating be done by reminding all competitors that the No Jewelry Rule is in effect and to remove any and all jewelry before the race begins. Other issues also include similar solid colored undergarments when worn by two (2) or more team members and that jerseys are to be tucked in both front and back at the start of competition."
15. See "Rules Clarifications" page for information regarding Field Event Relay "Teams" and the Uniform/Undergarment Rule and new wording with NF Rule 4-3-3 dealing with jewelry and hair control devices, NF Rules 4-3-3 and 9-6-7, during competition.
On Saturday, May 5, 2012, ATOM Official, ATOM Regional Representative and past ATOM President Lyle Berry was presented with the prestigious Vern L. Norris Award by the Michigan High School Athletic Association. Congratulations to Lyle!
We remember Kermit N. Ambrose, 1911-2012
The ATOM Web Site is associated with the...
1. To promote good fellowship among it's members;
2. To promote uniformity in officiating track & field and cross country;
3. To assist in training and developing new officials;
4. To foster a high standard of officiating ethics;
5. To promote improved track & field and cross country organization;
6. To promote track & field and cross country generally.