atomofficials is on both Facebook and Twitter... Click on the link(s) below:
Welcome to the atomofficials.com Web Site. This site was established on Tuesday, December 6, 2005. Please visit often to view the progress of it's development and for updated information.The sport of Track and Field at both the High School and Middle School levels is in need of individuals interested in Officiating. The ATOM Association strongly supports and encourages new officials to join both ATOM and the MHSAA. ATOM members are usually willing to mentor and help anyone that is interested in becoming a Track and Field Official. If at a Track and Field meet, simply approach an ATOM Official and begin a conversation. (posted 4/25/17)
An ATOM Membership Invoice Application is available at the top of the "ATOM Newsletter" page in PDF format and is printable for anyone interested in becoming a member.
Most Recent Update: Saturday, December 9, 2017...
1. The 2018 Track and Field State Finals site locations for the Lower Peninsula have been determined...Division 1 - at East Kentwood, Division 2 - at Zeeland, Division 3 - at Comstock Park, and Division 4 - at Hudsonville. Also, posting of the ATOM Newsletter for October 1, 2017 is located on the "Newsletter" page and the Executive Board Minutes for September 10, 2017 can be found on the "Minutes" page. Please take note of the new paragraph located below these Most Recent Updates (posted 10/11/17)
2. Posting of the ATOM Executive Board meeting dates for 2017-2018 at the bottom of the "ATOM Newsletter" page. Posting of the ATOM Minutes for June 5, 2017. Posting of the ATOM Annual Clinic dates for 2018 on the "ATOM Clinic Information" page. (posted 9/27/17)
3. This is to inform everyone that the recent problem of not being able to open almost all of the links posted within this website has now been fixed as of yesterday. (posted 8/9/17)
4. The following items have been added...On the "Minutes" page the January 2017 and February 2017 Minutes of the Executive Board. On the "Newsletter" page the March 1, 2017 ATOM Newsletter. On this "Home" page, above, a paragraph encouraging new Track and Field Officials to consider joining ATOM and the MHSAA. (posted 4/25/17)
5. Updated the following information...New officers of the ATOM Executive Board and Newsletter Editor Contact Information. ATOM Executive Board Meeting dates for 2017. (posted 4/21/17)
6. From the ATOM Clinic...If searching for a starters pistol and/or shells, check out Gun Dog Supply web site for information. (posted 2/9/17)
7. Please see new paragraph on the "XC and Track and Field News" page regarding Necrology of ATOM members. (posted 10/14/16)
8. Posting of the 2017 ATOM Membership Invoice on the "ATOM Newsletter" page. (posted 9/26/16)
9. Posting of the following item and its location...
A. Brief statement regarding an MHSAA policy about aerial remote devices during competitions can also be found on the "XC and Track and Field News" page. (posted 10/13/14)
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 the Atom Executive Board was informed by Blake Hagman that he has decided to retire from Officiating the sports of Cross Country and Track and Field. The ATOM Executive Board would like to extend an enormous Thank You to Blake for his dedicated service to those sports and his 32 year involvement in the ATOM association from its inception until now.
On Saturday, May 5, 2012, ATOM Official, ATOM Regional Representative and past ATOM President Lyle Berry was presented with the prestigious Vern L. Norris Award by the Michigan High School Athletic Association. Congratulations to Lyle!
We remember Kermit N. Ambrose, 1911-2012
The ATOM Web Site is associated with the...
1. To promote good fellowship among it's members;
2. To promote uniformity in officiating track & field and cross country;
3. To assist in training and developing new officials;
4. To foster a high standard of officiating ethics;
5. To promote improved track & field and cross country organization;
6. To promote track & field and cross country generally.