atomofficials is on both Facebook and Twitter... Click on the link(s) below:
Welcome to the atomofficials.com Web Site. This site was established on Tuesday, December 6, 2005. Please visit often to view the progress of it's development and for updated information.The sport of Track and Field at both the High School and Middle School levels is in need of individuals interested in Officiating. The ATOM Association strongly supports and encourages new officials to join both ATOM and the MHSAA. ATOM members are usually willing to mentor and help anyone that is interested in becoming a Track and Field Official. If at a Track and Field meet, simply approach an ATOM Official and begin a conversation. (posted 4/25/17)
An ATOM Membership Invoice Application is available at the top of the "ATOM Newsletter" page in PDF format and is printable for anyone interested in becoming a member.
Most Recent Update: Friday, March 8, 2019...
1. Posting of the Executive Board Minutes from February 17, 2019 and updated the Meeting dates of the Executive Board for March, April and June, 2019 located at the bottom of the ATOM Newsletter page. (posted 3/8/19)
2. A reminder that the MHSAA Track and Field Rules Meeting has been available on the MHSAA Website since February 4, 2019 and continues until April 18, 2019 on a 24/7 basis. (posted 2/24/19)
3. Posting update of the 2019 ATOM Officers and Regional Representatives, 2018-2019 ATOM Award Winners, and the Minutes from December 9, 2018 and January 25, 2019. Winter 2019 ATOM Newsletter has been posted on February 21, 2019. (posted 2/15/19)
4. ATOM has a new Treasurer and her contact information can now be found in the Regional Reps Report Page with the other Officers. The November 2018 ATOM Executive Board Meeting has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting will be on Sunday, December 9, 2018. (posted 10/30/18)
5. Posting of the following item and its location...
A. Brief statement regarding an MHSAA policy about aerial remote devices during competitions can also be found on the "XC and Track and Field News" page. (posted 10/13/14)
This past Spring (2018) our long time ATOM Treasurer George Babcock had decided to retire from his duties as Treasurer for the organization. The entire ATOM Community wishes to thank George for his long time and dedicated service to the organization.
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 the Atom Executive Board was informed by Blake Hagman that he has decided to retire from Officiating the sports of Cross Country and Track and Field. The ATOM Executive Board would like to extend an enormous Thank You to Blake for his dedicated service to those sports and his 32 year involvement in the ATOM association from its inception until now.
On Saturday, May 5, 2012, ATOM Official, ATOM Regional Representative and past ATOM President Lyle Berry was presented with the prestigious Vern L. Norris Award by the Michigan High School Athletic Association. Congratulations to Lyle!
We remember Kermit N. Ambrose, 1911-2012
The ATOM Web Site is associated with the...
1. To promote good fellowship among it's members;
2. To promote uniformity in officiating track & field and cross country;
3. To assist in training and developing new officials;
4. To foster a high standard of officiating ethics;
5. To promote improved track & field and cross country organization;
6. To promote track & field and cross country generally.