atomofficials is on both Facebook and Twitter... Click on the link(s) below:
Welcome to the A.T.O.M. Officials.com Web Site. This site was established on Tuesday, December 6, 2005. Please visit often to view the progress of it's development and for updated information.NECROLOGY...If you know of an ATOM member, current or past, that is now deceased, please contact Dan Johnson and he will add that person to the ATOM necrology (obituary) list. His contact information is:
Home Phone: 989-823-2525
Cell Phone: 989-550-2398
An ATOM Membership Invoice Application is available at the top of the "ATOM Newsletter" page in PDF format and is printable for anyone interested in becoming a member.
Most Recent Update: Friday, October 14, 2016...
1. Please see new paragraph above regarding Necrology of ATOM members. (posted 10/14/16)
2. Posting of the 2017 ATOM Membership Invoice on the "ATOM Newsletter" page. (posted 9/26/16)
3. Posting of portions of the ATOM Newsletter dated October 1, 2016 on the "ATOM Newsletter" page. (posted 9/22/16)
4. Posting of the Minutes of the Executive Board for April 16, 2016 and June 6, 2016 on the "Minutes" page. Posting of the 2017 Track and Field Rules Changes from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) on the "XC and Track and Field News" page. Notice that the ATOM Executive Board will NOT be meeting during the month of November, 2016. (posted 9/13/16)
5. Posting of portions of the ATOM Newsletter published on June 15, 2016 and the ATOM Membership Roster as of June 15, 2016. Both located on the "ATOM Newsletter" page. (posted 6/23/16)
6. Reminder: The MHSAA Cross Country On-Line Rules Meeting for 2016 will be available between August 8, 2016 (Monday) and September 15, 2016 (Thursday). Cross Country Regional Meets are scheduled for October 28, 2016 or October 29, 2016. The Cross Country State Finals are scheduled for November 5, 2016. (posted 6/23/16).
7. Posting at the bottom of the "Rule Clarifications" page a multi-page document from the National Federation of State High Schools (NFHS) of Track and Field Pre-Meet Notes for 2016, including a Review of 2016-2017 Rule Changes. (posted 1/19/16)
8. Posting of the following item and its location...
A. Brief statement regarding an MHSAA policy about aerial remote devices during competitions can also be found on the "XC and Track and Field News" page. (posted 10/13/14)
On Saturday, May 5, 2012, ATOM Official, ATOM Regional Representative and past ATOM President Lyle Berry was presented with the prestigious Vern L. Norris Award by the Michigan High School Athletic Association. Congratulations to Lyle!
We remember Kermit N. Ambrose, 1911-2012
The ATOM Web Site is associated with the...
1. To promote good fellowship among it's members;
2. To promote uniformity in officiating track & field and cross country;
3. To assist in training and developing new officials;
4. To foster a high standard of officiating ethics;
5. To promote improved track & field and cross country organization;
6. To promote track & field and cross country generally.